Surface & Structure

A snippet of the beginnings of my first year project at London Met for Silversmithing & Jewellery Design BA.

Today we went to the Natural History Museum to gather source material, something I did for a project last year, and two things struck me about my development in the last 10 months - 1) I'm much more comfortable just drawing (even endless amounts of dino bones) without worrying what it'll turn out like, and usually it doesn't turn out too bad. 2) I've stopped narrowing down my focus on a project before I've even really begun.. I struggled a lot with that at CSM and I can truly say I've learned from those experiences.

In three years time maybe I'll be ready to launch my own jewellery collection? Or start an MA in Goldsmithing, Silversmithing, Metalwork & Jewellery at the RCA? Or perhaps an Engineering Doctorate in Virtual Environments, Imaging and Visualisation from the Bartlett? I should really stop researching this.. I could be doing anything.

Update: I've made a blog for my sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment